Thursday, March 5, 2009

Its Officially Official!

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time!  The reason being that I paid my deposit for an English teaching certificate course I'll be attending in Corinth, Greece this July.  I have been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along and now I can safely say it is officially official!  My gracious and supportive boss said "Do it!" and approved the time off.  I went home and promptly paid the deposit that will hold a spot for me. 

GREECE!! The land of jaw-dropping sunsets, glorious beaches, historic landmarks and peaceful islands.  Below are a few pictures of Greece.  The first is an image of Santorini Island.  This island is located 6 hours from Corinth, but you can bet I'll be spending a weekend there.  The next two were taken in Corinth by previous TEFL students. 



My plan is to take the course this July and get my English teaching certificate.  I'll travel back to the states once the course is over and finish out the year in Kansas City.  I'm hoping to then move overseas and find a job as an English teacher in Greece.  I hope to move around to different countries every year or so and gain as much cross-cultural experience as possible. 

My trip is only 4 months away so I have a lot of work to do, including getting myself a passport.  This is going to be the experience of a lifetime and I can't wait to get on the plane!  

1 comment:

jae said...

my friend...i'm SO incredibly happy for you!! ...and jealous, of course ;) i can't wait for the day when i can join you overseas!! look at what all of our dreaming and plotting has done...way to go with this big step, girl! xoxo...love you!!