Thursday, August 21, 2008

Over the past few hours...

Over the course of the past 24 hours, I've seen a vision for what I want my life to be. A friend that knows me better than any other, suggested I check out a website she'd stumbled upon. I googled Ben Horton Photography and was instantly intrigued. Because my friend knows me so well, she knew my heart and mind would set fire after scoring the gloriousness of Ben Horton's career. With every click of the mouse, my admiration grew. Ben Horton is a documenter of this world's true beauty. His mission is to document his explorations so he can enlighten those around him of the what the earth has to offer. His images are stunning and his experience inspiring. He set out on this mission before he graduated from high school and is now 25. In his 25 years, he's seen more of this world than the majority of my generation ever will. I would give anything to be in his shoes. Looking at the images Ben Horton captures reminds me of the way life was intended to be, beautiful and peaceful. Our Lord did not create us to be creatures living for money and the pursuit of social status. He painted us into the Garden of Eden, a place I envision as more beautiful than our minds could grasp. He orchestrated a land that would provide for our every need and allow for few emotions aside from pure joy. I love the freedom God gives us through the art of creation.

Click HERE if you're interested in perusing around Ben Horton's website. I highly recommend it.

No comments: